Welcome to My World
Hi, I’m Karen Padron
This Is My Story
First of all, I'll introduce myself. My name is Karen. I'm a born-and-raised Cuban, who moved to Ecuador at age 18 and then to Miami, to take root in this city. For the last 15 years I have been working as Project Manager in advertising agencies like Young & Rubicam, Ogilvy Ecuador and other local agencies in Guayaquil and Miami.
Advertising has been definitely part of my DNA and hasn't stopped me to be curious about digital arts. This curiosity took me to studied graphic design as my second career, making me the perfect candidate to manage your team of creatives. Like someone said, "devil is in the details" and a great idea doesn't come only from a great mind, but from a great team work. Starting from a complete brief, good organization skills, access to all assets, meetings to review and assign projects, assisting the creative team to speed up the processes, and making sure to find solutions to any bumps in the road to success.
I'm strong believer that leadership is not something you have to impose by being authoritarian but by being supportive and walk together towards one same goal!
Don’t Forget to Follow
A natural creative, that enjoys to collaborate with the team from concept to production and launch, of nationwide print, TV, web, mobile-device and social-media campaigns that exceeded client expectations.
Coordinating day-to-day creative department schedules.
- Managing resources by balancing and assigning work based on skill sets to meet productivity targets and minimize overtime.
- Communicating client’s direction to creative teams.
- Exceptional campaign-management tools (e.g., creative briefs, proposal templates, estimate forms and project tracking spreadsheets)
Skilled at getting the best out of people and projects. Ensuring that all creative jobs are delivered on-time. Detail oriented on tracking progress, measuring performance and minimizing project risks.
ADOBE: Illustrator / Photoshop / Acrobat
MICROSOFT OFFICE: Word / Excel / PowerPoint
WEB & SOCIAL SKILLS: Google / Facebook / Instagram / LinkedIn MANAGEMENT TOOLS: SproutSocial / HeyOrca / Wrike / sTraffic LANGUAGES: Spanish / English
TRENDY ACADEMY | 2019
MIAMI DADE COLLEGE | 2010 - 2013
ESPIRITU SANTO UNIVERSITY (UEES) | 2003 - 2007
EURODISEÑO INSTITUTE | 2003
FREELANCE PROJECT MANAGER
ALMA DDB AD AGENCY - MIAMI | AUG 2021 - TO PRESENT
- Responsible for the the success of the projects, and the financial health of the company by delivering the project on schedule to our clients while providing sanity to our staff.
- Monitoring project timelines, alerting teams on risks to take into consideration and providing solutions.
- Maintaining and keeping all brand information updated (briefs/timelines/scripts/creative decks)
- Understanding the importance of the relationship among departments to facilitate the smooth progress of client's projects.
- Coordination of internal meetings, and responsable of understanding client's feedback, and sending hotlists to ensure the final quality product, on time and on budget.
- Trafficking media to vendors and uploading and trafficking instructions to stations.
Clients: CVS, RIVIANA and PEPSI.
FREELANCE FASHION STYLIST
JUN 2019 - MARCH 2020
- Collaborating with production companies and photographers to effectively elucidate the brand identity in TV commercials and photoshoots.
- Organizing and maintaining accessories, clothing and props in the shooting area.
- Recommending fresh styling ideas to the production team
- Remained relevant and trend-savvy by staying current with fashion trends aligned with the client's brand identity.
WOW MKTG | JAN 2019 - JUNE 2019
- Responsible for supervising production staff, and ensuring the spot is completed on budget.
- Collaborating with Sound Technicians, Copy Writers, Actors, and Producers to deliver a quality product on time and on budget
- Supervising the post-production, editing and sound mixing to make sure the end product meets client's expectations.
WOW MKTG - MIAMI | FEB 2016 - JAN 2019
- Responsible for managing creative schedules for healthcare, automotive and retail clients.
- Working closely with Account Services to keep timelines up to date. Making sure every activity is delivered within the deadlines.
- Responsible to have status meetings with creatives and account services to discuss ongoing projects. Updating status, next steps, timelines, agreements, etc
- Trafficking media to vendors.
- Assigning ISCI's codes to TV and Radio spots.
- Uploading and trafficking instructions to stations.
COSAS MAGAZINE - MIAMI | NOV 2012 - DEC 2014
- Helped to evaluate new media opportunities and advertising placement.
- Supported sales department by managing productions schedules to ensure publications meets its deadlines.
INNOVA HISPANIC ADVERTISING - MIAMI | SEP 2010 - OCT 2012
- Scheduled workflow of projects among all departments.
- Managed and revised timelines and estimates to meet deadlines.
- Responsible for layouts, copy, proofs and other project elements approvals to ensure their final delivery to production.
KOENIG & PARTNERS AD AGENCY - ECUADOR | JAN 2006 - SEP 2008
- Served as liaison for all incoming work for Creative Services Department.
- Responsible for the trafficking in-house marketing projects from inception through completion.
- Coordinate resourcing and job assignments for the Creative Services team and monitor staff workload.
OGILVY ECUADOR | JAN 2004 - DEC 2005
- Responsible of developing daily report of department priorities to set the Creative Team’s tasks for each day.
- Managed project distribution and workflow for the team of copywriters and designers on a daily basis to ensure successful, timely, and high quality creative work.
ASSISTANT ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
YOUNG & RUBICAM | JAN 2002 - OCT 2003
- Maintained and kept track of the status of all jobs, creative briefs, estimates and all client communication relevant to the creative department process.